1. I always love the new year. There is just so much optimism and possibilities in it. I just love that feeling of getting a fresh start. Anyway, we didn't do much last night as we were driving back from our Christmas week in Arkansas. I actually kept forgetting it was NYE. This was Jenna last night - around 9:30 just exhausted and couldn't stay up any longer. (I don't think I made it either.) Anyway, as she was falling asleep, she also had her hand on my belly. Seriously sweet....
2. And I know I never blogged any Christmas pictures. Honestly, we have so many that the thought of trying to organize a couple of different posts just overwhelms me. So, therefore, I'm taking the easy way out and just not doing it. I think instead I may put them into a shutterfly book. I hate that they won't be in my blog book, but I'm ready to move forward with this new year. :)
3. And again speaking of the new year, I am so excited to try out my 2013 Paper Coterie products! I had an Erin Condren planner but it finally ran out. I really did like it, but I thought it was a bit too bulky for me, so I'm trying a few different things. All I really need is a monthly calendar view and somewhere to make a daily list. So, my calendars are Chick Fil A (ha, ha, I know...) and we have the iphone calendar. The one that says "My Life" is my new weekly planner - just a simple place to jot down a few of my daily to-do's. And I decided I want to start a gratitude journal this year. Both of these have a few pages on the inside for other pictures too.
4. I have been loving Zulily again lately. I've gotten a few different things lately, but 2 of my orders have been matching sister clothes!!! ACK - I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am about that. However, I have noticed it's so much harder to find things when you are looking for a bigger size. It seems most things stop matching around size 4. Jenna is in a 5 but will probably be in a 6 by fall. Anyway, I don't want them matching all the time, but I do love it. I showed Jenna and told her about it and she was so excited about their matching clothes too. So, anyway, the polka dots are pajamas and the red and pink is a summer outfit by the brand flit and flutter. So, hopefully, several months from now, I will follow this up with a couple of cute pictures of them together. :)
5. We got a teensy tiny dusting of snow and Jenna was extremely excited about it. She wanted to play in it, so I let her, even though she soon realized there wasn't much to do anything with. You can barely even seen it in the picture.
6. Oh, and about 2 weeks ago, we said good-bye to the bug and hello to our new Honda Odyssey mini-van. I really wanted the space and ease of getting in and out of a mini-van and I love it! JM has been joking about having two chihuahua's, two girls, and now a mini-van....(ha, ha...) but he really loves it too. He loves the techy side of it and there is even an option to put a picture on the screen on the dashboard....and we all know how much he loves his pictures. :)
7. I have been back on pinterest for a few weeks now again. (I took a long hiatus from it for a while.) Anyway, I'm also thinking I really need to start actually trying to do more from there (besides just the recipes). So, my hope is that I will try out a few new things a month and then blog about my experience with it.
8. Jenna has been singing one of her favorite songs from school a lot lately. "A joyful heart is good medicine...." (That all she and I both know of it.) But she sings it over and over. Anyway, I love it. It's such a good reminder. Especially with the start of a new year. :)
Happy New Year, everyone!