1. We are missing Sophie terribly. I can't believe it's already been a week. Max's behavior hasn't seemed to change too much, but I think he knows something isn't right. I think he misses her a lot. He loved her so much. I've been trying to give Max more playtime, more treats, and just more love in general.
2. Jenna is absolutely loving kindergarten. Last week, she said, "I can't believe I'm in kindergarten. It's like a dream come true." And up until school started, I was still wondering if I had made the right school choice for her and I'm more than happy to say that John Michael and I both are really pleased with where she is going. JM is also very excited because they have Spanish class every Tuesday. So far, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her school. :)
3. It's still very hot here and we are still living up the summer time while we can. On Saturday, we went to a surprise pool party for Jadyn's dad. Jenna was in the pool all day - probably longer than she has ever been before.
Jadyn, Jenna and Alyssa
And Jenna's been swimming a couple of times after school.
Jillian has been hanging out with Charlie. :)
4. Jillian's first "ponytail" today. Her hair has been sticking straight up so I had to try to do something about it - as you can see, it's still sticking straight up, but at least it looks a little more "put together."
5. We are saying good-bye to Jenna's green bedroom! Tomorrow the same people that painted Jilli's bedroom are coming back to do Jenna's!
6. I broke out the matching pj's tonight! This is the first time that they've worn them and Jenna was so excited about it, and well Jillian...not so much...ha. :)
7. We are in a trip planning mode. Jillian will be going on her first airplane ride soon and the more I think about it, the more nervous I get. I definitely want to take her, but now I'm worried about how she will do. This baby stage is kind of a hard one - I think it would be easier if she were younger and slept 99% of the time, or if she was older and could eat little snacks on the plane. So anyway, we will see...
8. We are back to watching "The Office" over and over again. I love it. I could watch it everyday and never get tired of it.
9. John Michael has been calorie counting again and he's dropped 20 lbs. And are you ready for this?!?! He has also started drinking water. GASP! I KNOW!!! (If you know him, you know that he never ever drank water before and pretty much only drank Diet Coke's. Anyway, I'm super proud of him.
10. I'm so ready for the mom's groups to start back up. I'll be doing Mom's Connection again this year and I think I'm going to try to do MOPS again. I skipped MOPS last year, but it just so happens to be at the church where Jenna goes to school, so I might as well just hang around anyway. Anyway, I'm ready for some adult interaction and a yummy breakfast again!